Careers & Jobs
Real Estate & Rentals
Full MSN Index
Black & Gold Coffee Shop
PETE’S PIGSKIN PROGNOSTICATIONS
Posted Oct 1, 2010
The SEC East of football is becoming the SEC West of basketball. The East is as weak as I can ever remember. After 4 weeks, Vandy is tied for second. Fortunately, every east team has five other east teams to play. And VU is lucky enough to play Ole Miss, every year.
LAST WEEK (6-1)-----OVERALL (32-4)
Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future. Niels Bohr
– Time to rest the starters after the first quarter here. War Eagles 42 LA-MO 6.
– Tried to learn something about Alcorn State, but the last result for football on the web site was for October 2009. This won’t be pretty. MSU 58 – Alcorn 10.
– Easily the most interesting game of the week. Parks and Recreation should be in charge of bat caves and bats, so we have--wait for it-- Batman vs. the Joker. Mississippi is probably better than they played against VU, and I suspect that UK is about as good as they played against the Gators. That makes it Mississippi 31 – Wildcats 20.
– Tennessee heads into the meat of their schedule this week, but it looks like the other teams are the carnivores. LSU is no
, and that spells T-R-O-U-B-L-E for the Vols. Bengals (a noted carnivore) 28 – Smokey (prey) 13.
– Clearly a case where the records do not indicate the quality of the teams. Georgia will be so happy to be playing a team that is not the caliber of Auburn,
or yes, even MSU, that they will dominate the Buffs. Georgia 31 – Colorado 14.
– The Tide is number one until they lose to someone. It ain’t gonna be the Gators. ‘Bama 28 – Florida 17.
– It’s tempting to think that Vandy’s offense has turned the corner ( or at least has the corner in sight) in view of last week’s 4-touchdown performance against Ole Miss, but consider this: once again VU took the first quarter off on offense. Two of the three offensive touchdowns were virtual gifts (an 80-yard run and a short-field TD after a fumble). Even the 96-yard drive, beautiful as it was, took a 35-yard capper to get to paydirt. I’d take Vandy and the points, but straight up, it’s UConn 21 – Vandy 17.
Gamedata: Vanderbilt vs. Connecticut
Sep 30, 2010
SEC Bloggers Week Five Picks
Sep 30, 2010
Y'all Play Nice. SEC Week Five
Sep 30, 2010
2014 Scout.com Recruiting Yearbook
with an annual Total Access Pass
Free Email Newsletter
Don't miss any news or features from VandyMania.com. Subscribe to our newsletter to have our newest articles emailed to you on a daily or weekly basis.
Click here for a
list of all Team Newsletters
Add Topics to My HotList
Get free email alerts with news about your favorite topics. Click link to add to
Football > Vanderbilt
View My HotList
Copyright © 2014 Scout.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms of Service
Junior College Football
Advertise on MSN
About our ads
© 2014 Microsoft