Careers & Jobs
Real Estate & Rentals
Full MSN Index
Black & Gold Coffee Shop
PETE’S PIGSKIN PROGNOSTICATIONS
Posted Oct 1, 2009
I thought I was going to be hailed as a genius last Thursday. I predicted Ole Miss would score on a game-ending drive to eke out a win over the Gamecocks. There weren’t more than a handful of people who thought it wasn’t going to happen when Mississippi started the their final possession trailing 16-10, but Ole Miss discovered what Vandy fans have known for years:...
LAST WEEK (7-1)-----OVERALL (29-6)
...No matter how good your quarterback is, he can’t throw completions with defensive linemen hanging all over him.
– Another ugly day for the wildcats looms. Alabama will be wanting to beat them worse than
did, and they may have the personnel to do it. Alabama 42 – Mildcats 13.
– Georgia could easily be 0-4 instead of 3-1. They have played poorly, but found a way to win. No more. Bengals 27 – Bulldogs 12.
State @ South Carolina – I’ll be surprised if SCSU manages to score against the Chickens. But the Gamecocks may not score a lot, either. Could be an interesting game. SC 15 – SCSU 0
– Mississippi State has made gigantic strides as a football team this year. A stumble of two, however, is in order. After letting LSU get away last week, a letdown is due. Ramblin’ Wreck 28 – MSU 13
– No doubt about it, Texas A & M has the best marching band. Close-order drill while playing real band music, not circle drills and dancing girls. They’ve also got a pretty good football team. Better than Arkansas’s anyway. A & M 31 – Pigs 20.
@ UTK – Auburn has found a way to score.
is still looking. UTK must try to pass the ball at least a little bit, and with Crompton at the controls, anything can happen. At least the foot-in-mouth disease has been transferred to Bruce Pearl for the time being. UTK’s home field will be too much for the Plainsmen. UTK 27 – War Eagles 24
– To say that VU’s corps of experienced receivers has been decimated by injury is to vastly understate the reality.
would be happy to have only lost only one of 10. Other positions have not fared much better. Although Mississippi has been exposed as a middle of the pack (at best) SEC team, they should be able to muster enough points to outscore VU’s depleted offense. Mississippi 20 – VU 13.
Spam and comments should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
No Blackout This Time
Oct 1, 2009
Gary Danielson Breaks Down LSU-Georgia
Oct 1, 2009
Holding on to the Ball?
Oct 1, 2009
2014 Scout.com Recruiting Yearbook
with an annual Total Access Pass
Free Email Newsletter
Don't miss any news or features from VandyMania.com. Subscribe to our newsletter to have our newest articles emailed to you on a daily or weekly basis.
Click here for a
list of all Team Newsletters
Add Topics to My HotList
Get free email alerts with news about your favorite topics. Click link to add to
Football > Georgia
Football > South Carolina
Football > Vanderbilt
View My HotList
Copyright © 2014 Scout.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms of Service
Junior College Football
Advertise on MSN
About our ads
© 2014 Microsoft